INJURED PARTY – REMOTE CONSULTATION – INFORMATION GUIDE
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Due to COVD 19 and in line with the current social distancing guidelines recommended by the Government we are arranging remote examination for all claimants. This is so we can minimise the number of people visiting clinics/ venues.
As the claimant you understand that agreeing to a remote examination by video call is an option only and you do not have to proceed with a remote examination if you would prefer face to face. Please note that it may be some time until face to face appointments take place due to the restriction put in place by the government.
All remote examination will be carried out by video call, telephone calls are not permitted. You must provide identification and the call with be recorded and retained for up to 30days after the settlement on the claim. The expert carrying out the examination will be fully compliant with privacy, data protection and GDPR guidance.
As the claimant you will have discussed remote examinations with your legal representative and have been made aware of the implications of a remote examination (Legal representatives should ensure that claimants are made aware of all potential risks including, but not limited to, the fact that there may be a higher risk of a compensator challenging the report, and possible need for a further report etc).
WHAT YOU NEED
- Access to the internet
- Access WhatsApp, facetime, zoom or Skype account.
- A quiet place where you will not be disturbed.
- A computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone that has access to a camera or webcam and a microphone.
- Photographic identification to be present at the beginning of the consultation.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- The expert will introduce him/herself.
- The expert will run through some questions to confirm that a remote consultation is suitable.
- The expert will check your identification and may take a screen shot of the ID provided.
- The expert will ask you about the accident, your injuries and any on going symptoms. This should only take around 10-15 minutes.
If you have any concerns or require any help you can contract us at Exclusive Health on 0161 711 0885 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with you name and reference number.